Boarding And Daycare
- Proof of current vaccine records for Rabies and DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Para-Influenza, Parvovirus). - Bordetella Vaccine (kennel cough shot, no less than 10 day prior to their check in) - Deworming up to date (every 6 months at least) - Anti flea/tick treatment - Your dog´s Food - We DO NOT accept females in heat (in case of going into heat during their stay and can not be pick up immediately, a penalty will be charged per day)IMPORTANT RISKS TO CONSIDER:
- Injuries cause by play or fight: when running, flipping, or playing with teeth. Although they are supervised 24/7 and the socialization groups are created according to the size, age, and energy of the dogs, fights can happen and they can get hurt. - Loose weight: there are 2 very common reasons why dogs can loose weight.
1. They get a little stress for the change of environment and being away from their house and their humans and for theses reasons lose appetite. 2. They have much more activity than at home and burn more calories.
- Immunosuppression by the change of environment or being away from home, dogs can be stressed and this may cause low defenses and as a result may decrease the appetite, cause diarrhea, eccemas and / or be more s suceptible to become ill. - Kennel cough: the "infectious traqueobronquitis" is a highly contagious disease. The bordetella bacteria with the virus of the "parainfluenza canine" are the agents commonly associated with this disease. There is a vaccine to reduce the risk of getting it, however it is not warranty. Because these organisms are mainly transmitted by air, it does not depend on our hygiene or control to avoid it, places where there is a great consentration of animals like petopia are more suceptible to this. This depends a lot on the state of the inmune system of the dog.
- Up-to-date immunization record (Triple feline vaccine and rabies) - Deworming a day - Anti flea and tick treatment (can be in pipette, pill, or collar) - Spay/Neuter - Your cat´s food